Perfetti Van Melle India (PvMI) recognizes well the need and importance to operate as a Socially Responsible Corporate. In alignment with the ‘Vision & Mission’ Statement of the Perfetti Van Melle Group, PvMI through its corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives will continue to enhance value creation in the society and in community in which it operates, through its initiatives and conduct, so as to promote sustainable growth for the society and community.
The objectives of PvMI CSR policy are:
- to engage in fair business activities by placing high priorities on legal compliances, human rights and the environment
- to operate in economically, socially and environmentally sustainable manner while recognizing the interest of all our stakeholders
- to directly or indirectly take up activities that benefit the communities in and around our Factories/Offices (Work Centers), over a period of time, in enhancing the quality of life and economic well-being of the local populace
- to generate community goodwill for PvMI and help build a positive, socially and environmentally responsible image of PvMI as a corporate entity
- to engage and equip all PVMI employees to build thinking of sustainability and better practices into their everyday work
CSR Activities: Thrust Areas for PvMI
In pursuance to the above objectives and as contemplated under Schedule VII of the Companies Act, 2013 , PVMI intends to pursue the following thrust areas as CSR activities –
- PVMI will seek to promote education to the most vulnerable and disadvantaged children and women.
- Contribution to the Prime Minister’s National relief Fund or any other fund set up by the Central Government for socio-economic development and relief and welfare of the Scheduled Castes, the Schedule Tribes, other backward classes, minorities and women.
- PvMI will pursue activities ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna, animal welfare, agroforestry, conservation of natural resources and maintaining quality of soil, air and water;
- We will strive to set up essential services that form the foundation of sustainable development through basic infrastructure facilities like safe drinking water, promoting health care, sanitation/hygiene and renewable sources of energy
CSR activities will be undertaken by various work centers of PvMI to the best possible extent within the defined ambit of the above identified ‘Thrust Areas’
Projects, programs or activities identified under this policy may be implemented by the company with active assistance of one or more of the following specialized agencies:
- Community based organizations
- Elected local bodies such as Panchayats
- Institutes/Academic Institutions
- Self Help Groups
- Government/Semi-Autonomous organizations
- Mahila Mandals
- Professional Consultancy organizations
Likewise any Project, program or activity identified under this policy may be undertaken through a registered trust or a registered society or any other body permitted under Companies (Corporate Social Responsibility Policy) Rules, 2014. As an example, the SMILE Foundation and TERI, the two well- known bodies with established track record, are the trusts presently on the panel to undertake such activities for the company.
The CSR programs and activities shall be focused in the areas around the Work Centers it operates. This may fall within a radius of 150kms or so from PVMI Work Centers.
While identifying CSR activities, efforts shall be made, to the extent possible, to define the following:
- Programme objectives
- Implementation schedule
- Responsibilities and authorities
- Major results expected and measurable outcome
The CSR committee shall consist of the following three directors on the Board of the Company:
- Mr. Hubertus Jacobus Sanders, Chairman -Chairman
- Mr. Ramesh Jayaraman, Managing Director-Member
- Mr. Harsh Arora, Director and Company Secretary-Member
Powers of the committee
- formulating CSR Policy and recommending the same to the Board of Directors of the Company for approval
- recommending one or more of the CSR activities as stated under Schedule VII of the Act and keeping in view the thrust areas as narrated hereinbefore.
- Recommend CSR Budget
- Spend the allocated CSR amount on the CSR project, program or activity once it is so approved by the Board of Directors of the Company.
- Submit Reports to the Board in respect of any CSR project, program or activity undertaken by the Company
Monitoring & Feedback
- The CSR Committee will assign the task of implementation of the CSR project, program or activity to such person(s) or Work Centers as it may deem fit.
- The persons or work centers to which the implementation is assigned will carry out such CSR Program as determined by the Committee and report back to the Committee on the progress thereon at such frequency as the Committee may direct.
- CSR Committee and Work Centers may obtain feedback from beneficiaries about the CSR project, program or activity.
- The CSR committee shall specify the modalities of execution of CSR project, programs or activities and prescribe implementation schedules.
- The CSR committee shall also constitute a transparent monitoring mechanism for implementation of the CSR projects, programs or activities so undertaken by the company.
CSR expenditure will include all expenditure, direct or indirect, incurred by the Company in accordance with the approved CSR activities, projects or programs. Any surplus arising from any such any CSR Program shall be used for CSR activities.
In case of any doubt with regard to any provision of the policy and also in respect of matters not covered herein, a reference may be made to the CSR Committee. In all such matters, the interpretation and decision of the CSR Committee shall be final
The CSR Committee may review the CSR Policy and make suitable changes as may be required and submit the revised policy for the approval of the Board.
Enquiries and Suggestions
For dealing with enquiries/ suggestions received from any stakeholders e.g. beneficiaries, public, government authorities related to PvMI’s CSR initiatives, MD office of the Company shall be the nodal officer on behalf of the Company.
March 2015, Version 1.0